- The BA PC Lab is for the use of BA faculty, BA staff and BA students only.
- User accounts and passwords are not transferable. Giving away user account and password to others is strictly prohibited.
- BA courses that require computing facilities for teaching have higher priority to use the PC Lab. Users should always refer to the lab reservation schedule posted on the door to plan their work. Also, users are required to leave the lab area 10 minutes before the scheduled class begins.
- Users should bring their own USB Memory Key / DVD-R / DVD-RW for data storage.
- Users should not attempt to write data to the LAN server, nor to copy files from the LAN.
- Alien software, computer games and non-course related work are prohibited.
- No foul/rough language or gesture.
- No drinking, eating or smoking.
- Equipment should be handled with care. Users are liable for damages caused by negligence.
- Software reference manuals are for in-lab reading only.
- Help keep the lab areas clean and tidy.
- Report any malfunction of workstations or printers to consultant on duty immediately.
- No manual feeding to any printer is allowed, use only paper supplied by the lab.
- Users who fail to meet the rules will have their names recorded and reported. Their accounts could be suspended for a period of time as decided by the BA PC Lab Committee.
In all labs (# = except room 409, * = in VMWare virtual machine)
Adobe Reader DC 2021.001.20155
Anaconda 3 – 2019.10 #
Anaconda Navigator 2.0.3 #
Arena 32 bit 15.10.00001.10730-16 #
doPDF 11 build 141
FileZilla FTP Client
FTS System Manager 1.5
GNU Octave 6.2.0
Google Chrome 91.0.4472.77
IPL HRIS 9.0 #
IrfanView 64 bit 4.57
Java 8 Update 251
K-Lite Codec Pack 16.2.0
Launch FTS System Manager
LEd Beta 0.53 #
Mozilla Firefox 89.0
MS Office 2019 64 bit
MS Power BI Desktop 64 bit 2.82.5858.641 #
MS Silverlight 5.1.50918.0
MS Visual Studio Express 2013 for desktop #
MYOB Premier v10.hk English #
Palisade DecisionTools v7.6.1 #
> @Risk 7.6.1
> Evolver 7.6.1
> NeuralTools 7.6.1
> PrecisionTree 7.6.1
> BigPicture 2016
> StatTools 7.6.1
> TopRank 7.6.1
Putty Telnet & SSH
Python 32 bit 3.9.5
Rapid Miner Studio 9.9.0 #
VLC Media Player 3.0.14
Windows Media Player
Zoom (lectern only)
In specific lab(s)
* = in VMWare virtual machine
|Altova XMLSpy 2018 R2 64bit||410 * (lectern only)
611 * (lectern only)
613 * (lectern only)
615 * (lectern only)
|ARGUS Developer 7.70.002.095||615 * (60 licenses)|
|ARGUS Enterprise 126.96.36.1995||615 * (60 licenses)|
|Bloomberg||409 (14 licenses)
410 (1 license)
|Marketing Engineering for Excel||410 * (70 licenses)|
|Panopto 64bit 188.8.131.52640||410 (lectern only)
611 (lectern only)
613 (lectern only)
615 (lectern only)
|Refinitiv Eikon (Thomson Reuters Eikon)||409 (10 licenses)
410 (1 license)
|Stata MP v15.1||409 (50 licenses)|
Payment method: Octopus card
Black & White
A4 single side or duplex front page: HK$ 0.3/page
A4 duplex rear page: HK$ 0.2/page
A4 single side or duplex front page: HK$ 2.0/page
A4 duplex rear page: HK$ 1.5/page
If you’ve forgotten your password, you can submit a password reset form. Please come to the lab office counter during office hours to submit the form in person.
* Password reset will take ONE working day.
You will need to come to the lab office counter in person after one working day to pick up your newly assigned password.
Please present your student ID card for verification when submitting the password reset form and picking up the password. No other forms of identification will be accepted.
Non-BA major or exchange students taking any BA course that requires to use the lab can apply for a lab account.
You will need to fill in the Individual / Temporary User Account Application form (can be obtained at the lab counter or downloaded here). The form must be endorsed by a BA staff, deparment or program office. Endorsement by non-BA units will not be accepted.
Please submit the form in person at the lab office counter during office hours.
* Account creation will take ONE working day.
You will need to come to the lab office counter in person after one working day to pick up your password.
Please present your student ID card for verification when submitting the account application form and picking up the password. No other forms of identification will be accepted.
BA Lab account details have been sent to year one BA undergraduate students by email. Please check the @link email account for email subject “CUHK BA Lab account information 2021″.
For queries, Please proceed to the BA Lab counter at room 406, Cheng Yu Tung Building.